Orange Butternut Squash Soup
This Thanksgiving favorite was submitted by Malcolm Waring of Silverlake, CA.
– 3 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
– 2 boxes frozen butternut squash puree
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 4 carrots, finely chopped
– 1 tbs unsalted butter
– 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tbs chopped thyme
– 1 tbs orange zest
– Salt and pepper
1. Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and the butter. When butter has melted, add the onion and carrots and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Deglaze with the orange juice, and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
2. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or a blender. Puree the mixture until smooth, then return to pot over medium heat. To mixture, add the frozen butternut squash puree and the stock, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Grate some fresh nutmeg, and stir to combine.
3. Ladle soup into bowls, then drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with chopped thyme and orange zest.
Search the BLAWG
We are located throughout Southern California:
Main office is located in Beverly Hills:
9701 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1000
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
We have Satellite offices located in the following cities:
Palm Springs, Long Beach, Sherman Oaks and Burbank